This dish is ultra-easy to prepare and make. In fact, from start to finish, it took me less than 20 minutes. I had some frozen tilapia fillets that I thawed overnight. I love cheese, so when I came across this recipe I had to try it out. After the first bite, I knew this needed to be shared! I chose to stir fry some french green beans with garlic oil to round out the meal. You're going to love this dish!
Lemon Parmesan Tilapia Ingredients
- 2-2 1/2 pounds Tilapia fillets
- 2-3 tsp. softened butter
- 3 tsp. fresh lemon juice or concentrate (about 2 tsp for concentrate)
Lemon Parmesan Sauce
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tblsp. fresh lemon juice (or less for concentrate)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh lemon slices
- Rinse the tilapia filets in cold water and pat dry with paper towels
- Place on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil lightly coated with cooking spray (you don't have to use aluminum foil, but it makes clean-up real easy)
- Turn on oven to broil
- Mix butter and lemon juice together in a small bowl
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese together in a slightly larger bowl
- Coat the tilapia with the butter/lemon juice mixture and place under broiler. Set timer for 5 minutes
- When the timer goes off, take out the fillets and coat with the mayo/lemon juice/parmesan cheese mixture
- Place back under broiler for 3 more minutes (until the surface has a toasted cheese appearance)
- Take out of broiler and devour!
I've been eating the meal in the picture the whole time I've been writing this blog entry, and ooooweeeeeee is it good! Enjoy!