This recipe is super easy, and super yummy! You can place any vegetable you want in the slow cooker along with the chicken and it's sure to come out fantastic. I use Better Than Bouillon for the stock, but feel free to use vegetable stock, or any other stock (as long as it's gluten free!).
Remember to look for my Gluten Free Desserts! app for the iPhone, iPad, and on the Droid Store!
- 1/8 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 8 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tblsp fresh rosemary leaves (chopped) or 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1-3 pounds chicken (legs, thighs, etc)
- 1 cup chicken broth (make sure it's gluten free!)
- 3 tblsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, etc.)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper until fully incorporated.
- Rub the butter/herb mixture all over the skin and in the cavities of the chicken parts.
- Place the chicken, chicken broth, lemon juice and vegetables in your slow cooker. Cover.
- Set heat to low and cook for 8 to 10 hours (or on High for 3 1/2 to 5 hours).
- Remove the chicken and potatoes with a slotted spoon and serve piping hot!