Feel free to boil up your own potatoes and mash them up as you see fit. I, on the other hand, went the easy route by using Idahoan Four Cheese Instant Mashed Potatoes. They state "gluten free" and are super easy and fast to make, and actually taste pretty good. Also, cook using the same white wine that you'll enjoy drinking with your meal. In other words, pick a tasty white wine that's made for drinking, not cooking.
You're going to love the way this dish fills your house with the warming scent of rosemary and chicken. Enjoy!
- 1-2 pounds of Chicken; enough chicken pieces to individually cover the bottom of the big pot you'll be cooking with
- 4-5 thick sliced spring (green) onions
- 1 cup white wine
- enough olive oil to cover the bottom of your cooking pot
- 1 tblsp. fresh chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup gluten free vegetable, chicken or beef broth
- salt and pepper
- Cut off any loose, hanging fat from chicken. Rub chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Really get the salt and pepper all over the skin, flesh, and into every crevice.
- Heat the olive oil in your cooking pot (medium-high heat). Once hot, add the chicken and arrange so that each piece has one side completely cooking in the oil. Saute the chicken until golden brown and turn over.
- Add the chopped spring onions and rosemary, and saute for another 4 minutes.
- Pour in your white wine, let it cook and reduce for 3 or so minutes. Add the broth, reduce the flame to medium-low, cover and gently cook for about 35 minutes.
- Add the grated lemon rind, cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve it up hot with some mashed potatoes and get down to business!