Now if you've never made Rice Krispies Treats before, they have to be one of the easiest desserts to make. You can get as creative with this recipe as you want. For example, you could add some chocolate chips or dried cranberries before forming the squares. Whatever you think would go good with marshmallows and crisped rice you should try.
- 6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies Gluten Free cereal
- 1 10oz package of regular marshmallows, or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- Melt the margarine/butter in a large pan over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until everything's totally melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add your Rice Krispies and stir it all up till completely coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or a sheet of waxed paper, press the gooey mixture evenly into a 13x9x2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cut into squares when cooled.
Remember to look for my Gluten Free Desserts! app for the iPhone, iPad, and on the Droid Store!