April 6, 2012

Gluten Free at Shoo Mama's near West Chester PA


It seems as if our options just keep piling up!  I don't care if it's the result of trendiness or people looking for a new diet fad, or the fact that more and more people are being diagnosed with Celiac Disease; the proliferation of gluten free products and restaurants offering GF options is simply awesome!

It's never been easier to live gluten free than it is right now.  These days, when people hear about my dietary restrictions they often say things like, "That must be so hard for you" or "I can't imagine being so limited" or "How do you even find something to eat?"  To which I reply, "Nope, it's not hard, I'm not that limited, and it's actually very easy to find good food to eat" :)

Case in point, Shoo Mama's Farm Fresh Cafe in West Chester PA.  I'm a professor at West Chester University, so having Shoo Mama's as a near-by lunch destination is sweet!  Shoo Mama's specializes in farm fresh, local, organic foods.  They also offer a variety of gluten free options including soups, salads, and Panini sandwiches.  If you're in the area, I highly recommend you stop by and get a bite to eat.  Their GF options are local, organic and delicious! Pictured is a gluten free panini sandwich with sweet potato chips fried in a separate GF designated fryer:)

Here's their website: http://shoomamascafe.com/

Shoo Mama's Far Fresh Cafe
66 E. Street Rd.
West Chester, PA 19382
(484) 315-8431

No comments:

LinkWithin

Just So You Know...

The information presented in this blog is intended to educate and entertainment. However, I'm not a medical expert.  I also do not know absolutely everything about Celiac Disease.  What I do know has been learned through trial and error, research, and what has been taught to me by friends who also share my food-related affliction.  Please take the time to do your own research about Celiac Disease and gluten-related issues.  I have a list of links to useful resources along the left-side of this blog. Also, feel free to cross-check my statements. If you find contrary information, please let me know. Thanks so much for visiting Trav's Gone Gluten Free!