January 29, 2011

Gluten Free Product Review: Rudi's Gluten Free Bread

Gluten free bread has come a long way since I first found out that I have celiac disease.  I remember my first experience with gluten free bread was with the small brick loaves of brown rice bread stocked at the local Trader Joe's. And when I say small brick loaves, I mean just that... small, as in each slice was about half the size of regular bread, and brick, as in if you threw a loaf of that bread at someone, it could seriously hurt them!  The slices were so small I'd have to turn off the toaster so I could use a fork to fetch them out.

These days the slices are getting larger, the bread is getting softer, and you barely have to toast the bread anymore to soften it.  I recently tried out Rudi's Multigrain Gluten Free Bread and I was impressed.  Not only was it soft right out of the bag, but it was tasty and the slices were big enough feel like the good ol' days when I could walk into a grocery store and just pick out the best loaf on sale.  I tore through that loaf in no time, with PB & J's, toasted egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches, and toasted ham and swiss. Back when getting a good loaf of bread was as easy as walking to the corner store, I would have never imagined eating the end pieces, but I have no problem doing that now, especially when the GF bread is that good; no slice is taken for granted:)




2 comments:

gfe--gluten free easily said...

Great review, Travis. I've been looking forward to trying Rudi's for a long time because of encouraging reviews. It's still not sold locally where I live, but I'm hopeful. I can't say that I miss bread, but I would love having a quality, tasty bread to use upon occasion for sure. :-)

Shirley

Lomo said...

I'm not sure if we get that bread up here but I will look for it.

Congratulations! You have an award waiting for you! You can pick up your award at:
http://littlekitchenontheprairie.blogspot.com/2011/02/very-stylish-blog-award.html

take care,
Lori

LinkWithin

Just So You Know...

The information presented in this blog is intended to educate and entertainment. However, I'm not a medical expert.  I also do not know absolutely everything about Celiac Disease.  What I do know has been learned through trial and error, research, and what has been taught to me by friends who also share my food-related affliction.  Please take the time to do your own research about Celiac Disease and gluten-related issues.  I have a list of links to useful resources along the left-side of this blog. Also, feel free to cross-check my statements. If you find contrary information, please let me know. Thanks so much for visiting Trav's Gone Gluten Free!