I'm all about easy, and often cheesy, meals. It's pretty simple really, the quicker the food is done, the faster it's in my stomach. This is one of those recipes that you can almost make blindfolded. Well not really, if you tried that you'd probably hurt yourself, but it is super easy. I used Jasmine rice for this dish, but you could speed things up by using instant rice.
Lemon Chicken and Rice Ingredients
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (cut into strips)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tblsp. butter
- 1 tsp. cornstarch (make sure it's GF)
- 3/4 cup GF chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tblsp. lemon juice (can use concentrate)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup cooked rice (or 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice)
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- Freshly ground pepper (optional)
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Throw in 1 cup of rice. Bring back to boil, then cover and lower heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Toss the butter in a skillet and cook the chicken, onions, carrots, and garlic together.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and salt together until smooth. Add the mixture to the skillet.
- Bring everything to a boil. Cook while stirring for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add and stir in rice and peas. Remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 5 minutes
- Fluff it up and top with ground pepper (optional).