In just one week my partner and I will embark on an amazing overseas adventure. For three weeks we'll be exploring and experiencing new and familiar cultures, while Mindy visits all the study-abroad programs affiliated with the university she works for. While she's taking care of business, I'll continue to work on my dissertation and the presentation I'll be giving at Moravian College when I return. I can't wait! Especially for the 8-10 hour drive we'll be making from Switzerland to Rome, Italy!! A dream come true:)
I digress... back to the food! I whipped this chili up last night and it was killer! It's cheap, easy, produces lots of yummy leftovers... perfect for the student on the go. The only ingredients not in a can are the onions, green pepper and chili powder. Try this one out as soon as possible. You'll love it!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cans Pinto Beans (un-drained)
- 1 can ( 14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes (un-drained)
- 1 can (11 oz.) sweet corn (drained)
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tblsp chili powder
- Salt (to taste)
- In a large pot, cook the beef, onion and green pepper until the beef is browned. Drain.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Add salt to taste. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.