July 31, 2010

Gluten Free Toasted Ham and Swiss

Not so long ago my good friend Melanie surprised me with an amazing loaf of herbed gluten free bread. It was soft and moist, and unlike most GF breads on the market, it didn't even need to be heated to be edible. However, I couldn't help myself from rushing home to make a grilled ham and swiss cheese sandwich.  It was AWESOME!!  It was total gourmet!  I was in heaven.

The bread was from a mix by Gluten Free Pantry "French Bread"  To the box ingredients she added 5 tblsps dried Italian herbs. The loaf was baked in her, new and increasingly well-used bread machine.  I'm not fibbing when I tell you the grilled sandwiches I made from the bread made me forget how much I missed my once easy-access to fresh loaves of bread. Thanks Melanie!!

If you have gluten sensitivity issues, do yourself a favor and buy a good bread maker, some top shelf bread mixes, and get a bakin'  There's no excuse any more to deny ourselves the joys of fresh bread and grilled cheese sandwiches!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was reading your gluten story...and I have similar symptoms now...CONSTANT headaches, soemtimes a sick stomach...but I am super sensitive to light and the computer screen. I have been gluten free for almost a month and have had no relief...but it's still possible it's gluten according ot my doctor. I really appreciate you putting that online...you have probably helped so many people. I hope you are feeling better these days!!!! Thanks again.
-Jen

LinkWithin

Just So You Know...

The information presented in this blog is intended to educate and entertainment. However, I'm not a medical expert.  I also do not know absolutely everything about Celiac Disease.  What I do know has been learned through trial and error, research, and what has been taught to me by friends who also share my food-related affliction.  Please take the time to do your own research about Celiac Disease and gluten-related issues.  I have a list of links to useful resources along the left-side of this blog. Also, feel free to cross-check my statements. If you find contrary information, please let me know. Thanks so much for visiting Trav's Gone Gluten Free!