January 17, 2010

Gluten Free Restaurant Review: Outback Steakhouse

Last night, after a super tasty vegetarian/GF dinner, Brianna, Mindy and I all headed to Outback Steakhouse for dessert.  For those of you that don't know, Outback has quite a few GF options to choose from.  Just click HERE to see for yourself!  They only have one GF dessert option, but it is by far, the best dessert on their menu.  I'm talking about the Chocolate Thunder From Down Under!  It's a flour-less chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream, drizzled with warm chocolate fudge, and topped with whipped cream.  It's a chocoholic's pathway to nirvana. From talking to the wait-staff there, a lot of people show up just to feast on the chocolate thunder from down under, celiac disease or not.  If you get a chance, I highly suggest you give it a try. It's like biting into a piece of heaven:)

1 comment:

gfe--gluten free easily said...

Yes, a classic, delicious dessert! :-) However, I have to say it's always frustrated me that Outback's ice cream with toasted coconut and chocolate sauce wasn't gluten free. Sometimes I don't want the brownie, I want the other option. I'm not sure if they still have the more basic sundae-type dessert, but I wish they'd make it gf.

Shirley

LinkWithin

Just So You Know...

The information presented in this blog is intended to educate and entertainment. However, I'm not a medical expert.  I also do not know absolutely everything about Celiac Disease.  What I do know has been learned through trial and error, research, and what has been taught to me by friends who also share my food-related affliction.  Please take the time to do your own research about Celiac Disease and gluten-related issues.  I have a list of links to useful resources along the left-side of this blog. Also, feel free to cross-check my statements. If you find contrary information, please let me know. Thanks so much for visiting Trav's Gone Gluten Free!