This is another example of a typical quick and easy meal I'd make any odd day of the week. Lately I've been making things a bit more spicy than usual... and I've been loving it! These soft tacos are loaded with Jerk Seasoning. I used quite a bit... enough to make your nose run a little, but oh man were they good! I picked up the Jerk Seasoning while in Ochos Rios - and when I took my first bite of soft taco, I was instantly transported back to the beach in my mind. I love how your taste-buds can do that:) Feel free to ease up on the Jerk Seasoning if your sensitive to hot spice, but not too much because then it just wouldn't be Jerk!
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 can ready to serve black beans
- Corn tortillas (make sure GF!)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1-2 cups shredded greens (I used Romaine)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tblsp. Jerk Seasoning
- 3 tblsp. olive oil
- Cooking spray (make sure it's GF!)
- Empty the black beans in a small saucepan and add the garlic powder and diced onion. Heat on low, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the ground turkey. Chop up the turkey as much as you can as it cooks, while adding your Jerk seasoning one tablespoon at a time. What your looking to do is add enough seasoning to color the oil a light orange.
- Once your turkey is completely cooked, and your beans are warmed through, heat a large skillet on medium. Lightly spray each side of your tortillas and throw on the skillet. You only need to heat them till they soften up. Remove softened tortillas, set aside and add more to the skillet (repeat).
- Fill the tortillas with your turkey, the greens and your beans and go to town!