June 26, 2013

Blue Cheese Polenta with Sauteed Vegetables

To me, this dish is very dangerous. I love Polenta!  I also love cheese... even the stinky stuff... and especially the bluing with fungus stuff.  Part of me is disgusted by it, but the taste, although not even that great, keeps me coming back for more.  It's like that with that really stinky, soft cheese.  It smells horrible, so why do so many people, including me, keep putting it into their mouth when it's available? This meal, on the other hand, smells delicious and tastes amazing!  I think you'll agree.

Ingredients
  • 2 tblsp olive oil 
  • 3 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2/3 cup quick-cooking polenta (make sure it's gluten free)
  • 2 cups sliced mushrooms (your choice)
  • 1 1/2 cups sweet onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
 Cooking Directions
  1. Heat 1 tblsp olive oil in heavy skillet
  2. Add mushrooms and thyme. Saute until mushrooms are tender (around 5 minutes). 
  3. Add remaining 1 tblsp olive oil, onion, bell pepper, garlic, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Saute until vegetables are tender (around 8 minutes).
  4. Combine milk, 1/2 cup water, and the remaining salt and pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir in the polenta and cook for 5 minutes (stirring frequently). Remove from heat.
  5. Stir in the Gorgonzola cheese until fully incorporated.
  6. Serve on plates, sided with the sauteed vegetables and enjoy!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Just So You Know...

The information presented in this blog is intended to educate and entertainment. However, I'm not a medical expert.  I also do not know absolutely everything about Celiac Disease.  What I do know has been learned through trial and error, research, and what has been taught to me by friends who also share my food-related affliction.  Please take the time to do your own research about Celiac Disease and gluten-related issues.  I have a list of links to useful resources along the left-side of this blog. Also, feel free to cross-check my statements. If you find contrary information, please let me know. Thanks so much for visiting Trav's Gone Gluten Free!