These chocolates were much more popular than the white chocolate candies I made. I could tell how good they were by the way people tried to hoard them, or how they would force themselves to eat only a few a day in order to savor them:). Regarding proportions... use about 1/2 cup more chocolate chips than fruity bits, and you can't go wrong.
- 1 bag of semisweet chocolate chips (about 2-2/12 cups)
- 2 cups of mixed dried berries
- Cocoa powder (for dusting)
- Non-stick baking sheet or wax-paper
- Chop your dried berries up as fine as you're able. These chocolates work best if filled with lots of tiny fruity bits, and not large chewy chunks.
- Melt and stir your semisweet chocolate chips in a double boiler, or in 30-second microwave bursts, until nice and creamy.
- Add the chopped berries and stir until completely incorporated.
- Let cool until the consistency of thick molasses.
- Spread some wax-paper out, or use a non-stick baking sheet, and spoon small globs of fruity-chocolate about 1-inch apart.
- Let the chocolate cool for a while before dusting your chocolates off with cocoa powder.
- Once completely cool, dig in and smile big:)