This bean soup can easily be made vegetarian by switching the chicken stock with vegetable stock and leaving out the diced ham. Meat in or meat out, you're going to enjoy every single steaming spoon of this dish. I guarantee it!
- 2x 14 ounce cans of chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 2 cups roughly chopped savoy cabbage (or Cavolo Nero Leaves if you can find them)
- 2x 14 ounce cans of cannelloni beans
- 2 cups diced ham (pre-cooked)
- 2 cups GF chicken broth (or GF vegetable broth) or plain ol' water
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper (to your taste)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- Pour the chopped tomatoes into a large pan and add the chicken broth. Season with the garlic salt, sea salt and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add the cabbage to the pan, stir in, and then partially cover the pan. Lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender.
- Drain and rinse the cannelloni beans and add them to the pan along with the diced ham. Stir together and heat for another 5 minutes.
- Check to see if the soup is seasoned right, if not, add more salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the top.